New Build 16184 for PCs and 15208 for Mobile now available for fast insiders ring
For all insiders in Fast Ring, now you can get a new build for both PC and Mobile. This new build will bring an exciting new feature the "My People" to all insiders.
Microsoft just recently pushed out new builds for both PC and Mobile insiders in Fast Ring. This new PC build 16184 will bring a promised feature on Creator Updates the “My People” to all insiders currently in Fast Ring. As always, there are also a bunch of fixes and improvement for Windows 10 PC too.
For mobile insiders, you will receive another “feature2” build 15208. There are no new features for mobile insiders except awaiting Bluetooth related issues and a deadlock fix.
What’s New for Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16179?
- My People: Technology is all about making it easier for you to connect with your most important people. Whether you want to share a photo, make plans for dinner, or get an answer from a friend or coworker – My People is here to take it to the next level and bring the people you care about most to the center of your experience.
- Pin your people to the taskbar – we’ll suggest some to start with, or you can pick your own! (Note: you are currently limited to having 3 people pinned to your taskbar currently.)
- View multiple communication apps together and filtered to each person on your taskbar.
- Choose the app you want to use to chat and we’ll remember for next time.
- We fixed an issue where night light could get stuck in a disabled state.
- We’ve updated Start to use the improved XAML scrollbar style announced during Creators Update development.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights where dragging an app from Start’s All apps list into the tile grid would result in Start crashing.
- We fixed an issue for those using Windows in Japanese, where on first login after an upgrade certain apps would unexpectedly appear at the bottom of the Start’s All apps list for an hour or until being launched, instead of the normal sorted position.
- Since the preview picture in Start Settings only previewed background and theming changes, which are already available to be previewed on their corresponding Settings pages, we’ve made the decision to remove it.
- We’ve improved the loading performance of the Notification Settings page.
- Some audio drivers have an “encoding Audio Processing Object” feature; this is commonly known as “Dolby Digital Live” or “DTS Connect”. This takes the output of the Windows audio engine mix, encodes it (as Dolby Digital, DTS, or some other format) and sends it out over a S/PDIF optical link for decoding by an external audio receiver. An issue was introduced which resulted in this feature no longer working, which is now fixed.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in Photos crashing if you opened a picture from the Collection page and then pressed the back button in the title back.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Counter Strike Global Offensive hanging or freezing during game play on the latest builds (16176+).
- We fixed the issue where pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.
What’s New for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15205?
- We’ve fixed the issue where some Insiders were unable to open both the Connect UX page and/or the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” setting on the Bluetooth Settings page.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpected extra ~20 sec being added to the phone shutdown process due to a deadlock if you tried to shut down soon after switching from one network to another.
If you want to know more about full changelog including known issues for each build, you can check out at the Windows Blog.